Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!

Every year I have asked God for a Christmas gift. Something just between Him and I. Of course every year I try to give Him something back, but really that's a bit difficult. I'm a little smaller then He is. :)

This year my request has changed a couple of times. Originally I had asked Him to help me loose weight. Ha. What a lame request. Then I asked Him to please bless my business instead - again pretty lame. Then I asked Him to scrap all that and please bless us with a child. He did, and then she went to live with Him. I was pretty tempted at the time to call Him an "Indian Giver" (pardon my slang). Then I changed it all since really it wasn't Christmas yet, and asked Him for the hugest favor of ALL time. I won't share as it is too personal, but it was something I deemed "IMPOSSIBLE".

It is Christmas evening and He has very generously given me my "impossible" gift. I really do wish I could give Him a large thing back, but I guess He will just have to settle for just me this year.... AGAIN!

So very very very stunned, amazed, and grateful I am. Should have known better as He loves to knock my socks off.

OH, and tonight when we were saying bedtime prayers Elyana was all done, then said OH I forgot to say to God a question (statement). "And dear God, Merry Christmas!"

Merry Christmas God.

No comments: