Thursday, April 17, 2008

Maybe there are answers...

As hard as it is for me to wrap my stubborn, independent mind around... there is the fact that God lives in the eternal and we live in the now. God looks at what is best in the big picture, and we stumble around in our day-to-day notions of fairness. I do believe that sometimes God allows things for the only reason that without it people would not look to God for help. There is no reason to call the doctor if you are not sick. We all are terribly sick, but some of us don't know it. Without feeling the pain, we have no clue of the cancer eating away at our insides...

"The Lord, the Lord, the compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness, maintaining love to thousands, and forgiving wickedness, rebellion and sin. YET He does NOT leave the guilty unpunished."

"Then Job replied to the Lord: I know that you can do all things; no plan of your can be thwarted... surely I spoke of things I did not understand.... my ears had heard of you but now my eyes have seen you. therefore I despise myself and repent in dust and ashes."

No comments: